Flysystem is a filesystem abstraction which allows you to easily swap out a local filesystem for a remote one. Technical debt is reduced as is the chance of vendor lock-in.
- Have a generic API for handling common tasks across multiple file storage engines.
- Have consistent output which you can rely on.
- Integrate well with other packages/frameworks.
- Be cacheable.
- Emulate directories in systems that support none, like AwsS3.
- Support third party plugins.
- Make it easy to test your filesystem interactions.
- Support streams for big file handling
Flysystem was created by Frank de Jonge, follow him on Twitter for updates: @frankdejonge.
Please submit issues on Github.